Sunday, July 29, 2018

Now Accepting Submissions for Creative Subject Lines

Leihdeih hou!
This week has been good and busy and crazy. Here is your weekly brief summary.
Last p-day we went with our RC Tim to a place called Discovery Bay! We were going to hike, but we had torrential downpours, so we just wandered around and Tim spoiled us rotten. We had (wait for it...) REAL MEXICAN FOOD for lunch! Real Mexican food seems to be the thing that all the missionaries miss here, and for some reason it never crossed my mind that OF COURSE it would be difficult to find here, hahaha. But yeah, it was the bee's knees. So good. Such a fun day too, and so good to get to spend more time with Tim, our angel on earth.
We also had interviews (our first!) with President and Sister Phillips this week! They are adorable and interviews were so good. We set lots of goals together and he'll be following up on them next transfer. They're so sweet and so excited to be here and we're all so grateful for their service. Taking over a mission seems like the hardest thing in the whole world.
This week we also had lots of member visits (cutest people ever) and some lessons (Jacky is still doing well and he says the sweetest prayers) and I also went on exchanges in Chai Wan with Sister Lima Po! Sister Lima Po is from Hawaii and she finishes her mission in just a couple of weeks! It was so fun to be with her and learn from her.
We also got the opportunity to meet with a family of four this week! This was my first time ever teaching a family, and it was really cool. We're still not sure if they're interested in the gospel or just in learning English from us (always a struggle), but we're so excited to keep working with them.
All in all a good week. God is in the details and I'm so glad that He's in charge because if I were everything would fall apart. Stay close to Him and He'll stay close to you, as He always does.
Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
Discovery Bay :)
Just pondering on the meaning of life, you know how it goes
Us and Grandma Lee, one of the sweetest souls you'll ever meet
Our new best friend. She's from Pakistan and is seriously SO COOL. Love her so much.




1 comment:

  1. Leihdeih hou!

    Greetings dear granddaughter. You said: "God is in the details and I'm so glad that He's in charge because if I were everything would fall apart." I both agree, and disagree! God is definitely in the details however, knowing you, i seriously doubt that "things would fall apart." I once had a job interview by three key people in the organization. They put me in a hard press by peppering me with a "round-robin" of questioning. Among the questions were: "How many books did you read last year?" "Name them," and "What are the authors names?" "What did you like or dislike about each." While answering these questions, I would be asked something else completely different like, "What do you think about the fair-trade policy?" This went on for close to an hour. When the questioning concluded in order for me to catch my plane back to school, one of the interviewers said: "You did well--we don't expect you to know all the answers but we do expect you to know where to go to get the answers." That comment has stayed with me through the years and I think it may have application to your missionary work. You "May not know the answers to all the questions," but you do know where you can go to get the answers--fasting and prayer!

    As usual, I gave a long dissertation to make a brief point. In this case however, I think the point is worth making. Please continue to "Act enthusiastic and you'll be enthusiastic!" Please also follow good health practices of eating, sleeping, and exercise. I have no doubts you are taking care of the spiritual and mental health although, I mention them anyway.

    I love you more!

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete