Sunday, September 2, 2018

Sister Wasden and the Time She Still Didn't Know What to Put in the Subject Line

Leihdeih hou!
Real quick this week. This week was good! Because we taught TWO (and a half) LESSONS. Guys, it feels SO GOOD to teach lessons again.
Last week we went to Stanley with Sister Low (my MTC angel companion), Sister Scott, and their summer missionary. If anyone is curious, Sister Low is still as perfect as she was in the MTC.
So missionaries have this thing where we can't remember anything about pop culture from before the mission. We fondly call it the "mission veil." This week the mission veil was manifested in my life when I was trying to tell Sister Gaillard a story and I accidentally said, "You know in Pirates of the Caribbean when Will Smith is floating on the board in the water?" Sister Gaillard about died, hahaha. But seriously, if someone could get a movie production of that going, I'm interested.
This week Sister Gaillard and I also had the opportunity to be in a choir of missionaries that performed for the mission president seminar that was happening this past week. We went in and sang the prettiest arrangement of "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" (classic) for all of the mission presidents and wives in the Asia area and everyone cried. Everyone take a second to be grateful for mission presidents and their families. They sacrifice a lot to do one of the hardest jobs in the world.
That's pretty much it for this week. God is a god of miracles, don't forget that! He's putting all kinds of little miracles into your everyday life, you just have to be willing to recognize them for what they are.
Love you all. Thanks for being my little miracles :) Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
1. I'm not a model, I swear. (Stanley)
2. As a person gifted with ridiculously long arms, I am always the designated selfie taker.
3. I've been eyeing this burger place by our church since it opened. Sister Gaillard and I finally caved in. Delicious.
4. Our missionary choir :)




No comments:

Post a Comment