Sunday, September 24, 2017

CRAZY WEEK

Leihdeih hou!
It's been a BIG WEEK full of so many exciting things! Here we go:
Last p-day we went to an island called Cheung Chau! Turns out Cheung Chau is one of my favorite places in the entire world, and definitely the most picturesque place I've ever been to. So many adorable shops and cute alleyways and fun beaches and the harbor was so pretty and I just LOVED IT. I'll probably be going back 50 more times, haha.
On Tuesday for district language study Elder Rodriguez made a Canto pingyam Scrabble board, and it was basically the greatest thing. Just thought you all should know that. :)
Also on Tuesday, I went on exchanges with Sister Mak! Since both of our trainers are STLs, they have to do 24-hour exchanges with every sister in our zone, so Sister Mak and I just get thrown together so that way neither of us has to move around (thank goodness she's already fluent since she's an ABC). I LOVE exchanges with Sister Mak because it's always so obvious how much God helps out his baby missionaries--every time Sister Mak and I are together we always experience so many miracles. This time we managed to track down a less-active and teach him a cool lesson through his doorway. :)
The next couple of days were a little tough missionary work-wise, but it's okay because (as always) miracles happened again. :) On Wednesday, we had to drop one of our MDJ (I have no doubts that he'll eventually come around though), and then on Thursday one of our MDJ (who last time was ready for a baptismal date) backtracked and said that she needs more time, so Sister Christensen and I were pretty bummed out because we just love both of these people SO MUCH and we just want them to be SO HAPPY. Anyways, so we were pretty sad about all of that, and we've been praying really hard to find new investigators (between baptisms and other things our MDJ pool is shrinking) that we can teach, and this week we met this other guy who wanted to hear all of the lessons all at once, and then he said that he wanted to be baptized as soon as possible--WHAT. At first I was a little nervous about it all (I was worried that he'd be so golden and then just disappear), but he came to church and talked to the bishop and is keeping commitments and I'm really excited to see what happens! A miracle for sure. I LOVE OUR INVESTIGATORS. :)
On Saturday we had a ward activity where we learned how to make mooncakes (which apparently isn't super common knowledge, so that's sweet). It was SO FUN! I definitely don't love how traditional mooncakes taste (I'll take all the untraditional ones though, so good), but the sure are cool to make. :)
On Saturday night I had Sister Mak cut me hair in our apartment, because are you really a missionary until you've had a haircut in your apartment? I think not. ;) (And because I promised them I would, here it is: hair cutting creds to Sister Mak, hair length decision creds to Sister Christensen.)
Yesterday was the best day of my mission so far--MR. GWOK GOT BAPTIZED! I am SO HAPPY for him! Also it was ward conference, so obviously the ward had a FEAST afterwards, and it was so fun to mingle with everyone and see him fit right into the ward. I LOVE TAIWAI.
Life is so good! God is so real and miracles still happen. Don't you ever doubt that. :)
Love you all! Gayauh!!
Gwok Jimuih (Sister Wasden)
郭姊妹






1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your miracle experiences. You are seeing and experiencing a culture like no other way. A tour only places a person in a geographical area however, your mission is giving you personal and deep spiritual insights. I remember you in my prayers always as well as your companions and the entire work. On a lighter side, your "hair-raising" makes me jealous! :)

    I love you more Sister Gwok Jimuih! Gramps

    ReplyDelete