Sunday, October 1, 2017

This Week's Shenanigans :)

Leihdeih hou!
Some highlights from this week:
1. Last p-day we all cooked a meal for dinner with Sister Lam! It was so much fun and I love her and President Lam so much! We're seriously so blessed. :)
2. On Tuesday we had the GROSSEST lizard I've ever seen in our sink! I take back everything I said about surviving the occasional lizard, this thing was NASTY. No one else would come near it though, so I got the (dis)pleasure of catching it. There was lots of screaming and lots of laughs and I will never forget all the excitement, hahaha!
3. Sooo someone always donates TONS of pens to the mission office, and this week they donated blow pens! We decided to get artsy and blow pen my face, which was really fun and exciting, and then a little less fun (but no less exciting, mind you) when we realized how hard it is to wash off. I thought I was going to have a purple face for days! Thank heavens for makeup wipes and some serious scrubbing though. Those did the trick. :)
4. The other day Sister Christensen and I were doing some finding and we took this path that led us from the skyscrapers straight into the JUNGLE. It was AMAZING (and mosquito infested. Forgot to wear bug spray, oops). I had actually just been thinking about how I loved the city, but I was starting to feel crowded, and I really missed a good ol suburban neighborhood, and God sent me a jungle. Tender mercy for sure. There were actually a lot of houses on the side of the path that we could technically have gone door-knocking at, but they had big gates and bigger dogs and we decided to just stick to talking to the people on the path. So fun! (Still no monkey sightings though.)
5. Yesterday we got to see Women's Conference! (Our conference schedule is a week behind because it takes a week for them to translate everything into Cantonese, and even though the missionaries get to watch it in English, we still like to watch it when everyone else does.) Our stake actually forgot to set up the English room this time, so instead, all of the sister missionaries from our zone just piled into the APs' office and watched it together with them! It was so much fun and all the talks were SO GOOD and exactly what I needed. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it now! SO GREAT.
God is so good and this gospel is so true! I've seen miracles and tender mercies every single day. Life is good!
Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹




1 comment:

  1. Love that we watched Women's Conference together, even though countries apart. Phil and I had an amazing spiritual experience attending all four sessions of conference, in primo seats, then two full days of Chaplain training with many General Authorities present as keynote speakers. I had my picture taken with the RS General President Jean B. Bingham who spoke at the women luncheon at the training. We're trying to figure out how to send that picture to you. I'm glad you found your jungle-sure there was peace and quiet, along with the mosquitoes. Gramps and I have committed to reading the Book of Mormon together, good daily exercise and increased sleep. We love you and are so proud of your commitment to serve the Lord. Love, Auntie M

    ReplyDelete