Monday, October 16, 2017

The Weekly :)

Leihdeih hou!
It’s been a good week!
Some highlights:
This week is transfer week! I’m staying in Tai Wai, which I’m super excited about! It’s Sister Christensen’s last transfer, so I get to be the one to send her home! We have a LOT of things to do, so we are anticipating a very busy and very very good transfer, and I’m so excited to see what happens. We are also getting elders back in Tai Wai, and we’re really excited to get to work with them and have some extra help with our ward. Also, Sister Mak moved to Macau, and Sister Bannago filled her place as our new apartment-mate! She’s also so sweet and I’m excited to get to know her better! I’ve seriously been blessed to meet so many amazing people!
Also, this coming week I will finish training! That doesn’t really mean much except that I’ve officially in Hong Kong for three months now and also that I can no longer be considered a baby missionary! I’ve upgraded to toddler. ;)
In other news, the whole mission had to get flu shots this week. I definitely cried in front of my whole zone and will probably never live that down. But I hopefully won’t get the flu, so that’s good news!
Our mission has a goal to reach 242 baptisms by 2018. It’s actually a pretty big reach for our mission (people tend to wait a long time to get baptized), and we still have over 100 baptisms left to go, so this past week we had a mission-wide fast for our goal, and we saw SO MANY miracles! I had the most successful travel contacting I’ve ever experienced (one guy sat by me on the bus and said in perfect English, “Oh, are you guys Mormons? I’m from San Francisco and I’ve seen your temple in Oakland!” I LOVE San Francisco so I was able to have a really cool conversation with him and get his number and everything. SO COOL. And while I was talking to that awesome guy, one of our formers that we dropped last month called Sister Christensen and said that he’s ready to meet with us again, and he’s showed a LOT of promise since then, which is really cool. God is so so so aware of each of us, it honestly blows my mind sometimes. How cool is it that we have this all-powerful, omniscient being on our side, and He loves us even more than we can possibly imagine? I love getting to share that message with so many people every day. :)
We also had another Level 8 typhoon yesterday, so church was cancelled again, which was a bummer because we had committed a lot of really awesome people to come to church! Next week, fingers crossed!
Life is so good! God is great and missionary work is the best!
Thanks for all the love and support, I’m so grateful for each of you!
Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
姊妹

Pics:
Saying goodbye to Sis Mak
A little more Disney because why not :)



No comments:

Post a Comment