Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Weekly :)

Leihdeih hou! It's been a busy week, but nothing too out of the ordinary! Here's a short SparksNotes version for your enjoyment. :) 1. Last p-day the sisters in my apartment met up with Elder Roskelley (one of our sweet senior missionaries) so he could teach us how to make cinnamon rolls! I've definitely eaten a lot since then and they're all delicious, just so you all know. :) So sweet of him to share his talents with us! 2. We got new missionaries! We finally have elders in Tai Wai and they are so sweet! One of them is a trainee, fresh off the plane, and it's so fun to watch him experience the Hong Kong way of life for the first time, hahaha. Definitely throws me back to when I was still a baby, so fun. :) 3. I also got to take out one of the new missionaries to go finding before they all got sent out to their new areas. It's always so cool to see how much power baby missionaries have, and we definitely experienced a couple of miracles together. I was really really hoping that we would be able to teach a lesson on the street (which is something that I'd actually never done before, because it's really hard to get people to listen to you for that long here), and after going through a few people who weren't interested, we finally found a guy that we could teach! We taught him most of the first lesson, and I could actually understand almost everything that he said to us (which is also something that doesn't really happen for me yet) and my cute little comp also did a really good job bearing her testimony of Christ and saying the prayer and everything. The guy we taught was still definitely NOT interested (he wouldn't even take any of our pamplets or give us his phone number or anything), but to me, it was a huge miracle that he was at least willing to sit and talk with us for so long. Super cool. :) 4. This week I gave a district training on charity, so it's been on my mind a lot the past week or so. Let me tell you, charity makes ALL the difference! It's the greatest motivator, and if we do everything in our lives out of a pure love for others and a pure love for our Savior, we'll never go wrong. Obviously we'll never be quite THAT perfect, but it's something we can always work on and definitely something that I'm striving to further develop and pray for every day. The more charity we have, the happier we are, and the happier we can help other people to be, and then before long, the whole world will just be a happier place in general. How sweet is that? :) Life is so good! Missionary life is definitely tough, and some days definitely don't go as smoothly as I'd like them to, but there's so many miracles every day and it's such a privilege to help other people and their families find the same happiness that I've been blessed to have. Love you all so much! Gayauh! Give your local missionaries some love for me. :) Sister Wasden 郭姊妹 Picture: Us making cinnamon rolls. This is the only picture that I have from this week, I'm so sorry. I'll take more pictures this week, I promise. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yumm on the cinnamon rolls!! I enjoyed reading about your week and realized what strength in character you are developing being in China-patience and serving. These traits will carry you so far in life. I think about you often during the day, always lovingly and remember you in my daily prayers. May your coming week provide good experiences and challenges-for that is how we grow. Know of my love, Auntie M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts; each one reflects more confidence and progress than the previous one. Cameron just called to deliver his personal announcement of intentions. I am excited with the news. It is sometimes hard to believe that my "little" grandchildren are attending Universities, serving missions, and getting married. I am reminded of the song, "Sunrise, Sunset," from the play: Fiddler on the Roof. The lyrics make me a little teary-eyed perhaps, "I am growing older, when did they?" Okay, enough of this emotional stuff--get to work, teach--preach--and testify even if the recipient doesn't get immediately baptized.
    I love you more! Gramps

    ReplyDelete