Monday, October 9, 2017

The two happiest places on earth :)

Leihdeih hou!
I don't have a lot of time today, so here's a very quick version of my week!
This week was Mid-Autumn Festival and it was pretty much the cutest thing. A full moon, lots of lanterns everywhere, cute little kids running around, and crazy celebrations made for some fun contacting!
This week we also got to go to the temple (the happiest place on earth :))! We get to go once per transfer and it was SO GORGEOUS and I loved it SO MUCH! Our temple day came right when I needed it and I left feeling so much better about everything. The blessings of the temple are real, folks.
We also got to watch General Conference this past weekend! Also just what I needed. If you haven't seen it yet, please please please go watch it! It was all (as always) so inspired and I know that it's the words of the Lord to us. Seriously so so so good.
Today for p-day we went to DISNEYLAND! (The second happiest place on earth ;)). It was seriously a dream. I love love loved it and I had so much fun with my companion and our apartment-mates! They do everything in a combination of Cantonese, Mandarin, and English, which I thought was delightful. :) Sooooo fuuuun!
Also, here's a PSA from China to America (because I definitely didn't know that this was a thing until I came here): please wash your rice before you cook it! You just pour some water in with your rice, swish it around with your hand, dump out the water, and repeat two or three times. This is good because the water that comes off is actually pretty gross, and also all the bugs that have been chilling in your rice float to the top so you can scoop them out. Happy eating, everyone. ;)
Life is good! I'm so grateful to be a missionary and see so many miracles every day! Keep the faith :)
Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pictures:
The aftermath of a rainstorm (we legit almost got hit by lightning)
My cute color-coordinated district at the temple :)
Disney fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment