Sunday, November 19, 2017

Thankful:)

Leihdeih hou! Nothing too wild to report this week! Just lots of good lessons and good people and good meetings. :) Since Sister Christensen is leaving soon, we have had SO MANY MEMBERS feed us this past week, and I have never been so consistently full in my whole life. I love love love getting to know the members better though! Tai Wai is seriously such a golden ward and I'm so grateful for every single one of them. :) This coming week marks my SIX MONTH MARK, as well as my 4 month mark in Hong Kong! SO CRAZY. Time is definitely flying, and I'm so infinitely grateful for every moment on my mission so far. It's definitely been incredibly difficult, but I've learned and grown so much and I've been so happy here that I wouldn't trade any of it for the world! This week is also Thanksgiving! We get to have a feast/party as a zone and I'm so excited! Updates on that to come next week. :) I'm so grateful for every single one of you! You are all such big blessings in my life and I'm so grateful for all the love and support I feel. You all make all the difference. :) I'm also so grateful for this gospel! Sometimes as I look out at all the people in the big crowds, I'm amazed that they don't know about Jesus Christ and they don't know all the blessings that can come from following Him, and it makes me that much more motivated to go and tell every single one of them about it in broken Chinese. :) It really is such a big blessing to know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much that He sent Christ here to make it possible for us to return to Him again. Don't ever take that knowledge for granted, and make sure you go out and share it with others (and refer them to the missionaries :)). That's pretty much it for this week! Love you all! Gayauh! Sister Wasden :) 郭姊妹 Picture: Us and the Tai Wai elders at Jeh Jimuih's house for dinner :) She and her granddaughter are so sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Time is truly flying by. Can’t believe you’ve been out 6 months & 4 months already in Hong Kong. I appreciated your letter as our Gospel Doctrine class topic was “Every Member A Missionary”. Your words just added courage to help me share.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving and know you’re loved here in Texas. Love, Auntim M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leihdeih hou back to you! By now, it is old news to some but probably not to you: I am a GREAT-GRANDFATHER for the eighth time! Your cousins Nathan and Traci, are parents of a baby boy weighing in at a petite three, (3) pounds. His name is Lucas Stanley Stafford and apparently, he is a "fighter!" Concerns for both the mother and child led to an early delivery. Both are reported as doing fine. Life is such a gift! I am amazed at the miracle of life and how precious it is yet, I know that there are parts of the world where life is very "cheap." I think Heavenly Father must lament at the condition of many of His children. Perhaps, you have been exposed to some of these conditions either directly or, indirectly. Please keep pressing on and do not be discouraged. I know that Our Savior is very "engaged" in the work you are doing. I too have thought much about the masses of humanity that is yet to be taught and whose Temple ordinances are needed. I am glad your father had the foresight to encourage you to attend several Temples and do sessions before you entered the Mission. I believe you have caught the vision of your work.
    I love you more! Gramps

    ReplyDelete