Monday, March 19, 2018

This Week in HK :)

Leihdeih hou!
This week has been good! And long. We are so so so tired.
A few highlights:
Last week for pday we went to Central and took a ride on the ferris wheel! Pretty views and lots of good friends. :)
Sister Kimball left us for Macau. :(
We had our mission conference! Elder Stevenson (as well as a few others) came and spoke to us about the power of repentance and it was so so good.
We FINALLY got a new investigator! Our first for this month (our goal was 12, which is twice the amount that I've ever gotten in a single month before). She's GOLDEN. And she lives out of our area, so we'll probably be turning her over soon. As it goes.
Someone told me that I could try to speak in English if that would help me express myself better. That felt good.
We met with one of the Sha Tin recent converts, Cheng Pohpo! She's so sweet, and only kind of an RC? She was found on the street by missionaries and baptized later, and THEN they found out that she was actually a less active from another ward and she couldn't remember being baptized. So she was baptized twice, haha! Doubly clean. She's so sweet though, and it was really fun. :)
We had lots of meals with members in the Sha Tin ward. It's so fun to get to know new people, and I'm looking forward to continuing the work here.
Keep the faith, folks. God is good. :)
Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
1. Ferris wheel fun (check out the view behind us)
2. Love these girls
3. Gorgeous Central
4. MTC reunion at mission conference!





1 comment:

  1. Leihdeih hou! (I hope the translation is something like "Howdy, Ya'll" Your enthusiasm is contagious! Thank you for your descriptive accounts of people, places, and things. Thank you more for your strong testimony. This has been a great week for me at the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. I was privileged to accompany a Bride and Groom, coaching the Groom on one of the sacred ordinances of the Temple. Later, I assisted a sister from China who spoke no English and even so, I could understand and assist her. This wonderful experience was followed by a Spanish-speaking sister. Mind you, I do not speak any other language than English! I have been training two young Elders who have received their calls but are awaiting visa clearances. I am also teaching Temple preparation classes for two Elders in my Ward. Elder Sam Jensen has been called to Copenhagen, Denmark, and Elder Shintaro Mann has been called to the Tokyo, Japan mission. They are a delight to teach--so enthusiastic and attentive--they are also very punctual when we meet in my home.

    I keep you, your companions, your Mission President and wife, and the folks of Hong Kong in my prayers. Be of good cheer, keep that infectious and beautiful smile, which communicates in the "universal language," and know that Heavenly Father knows the circumstances you are facing. We also have the perfect example of our Savior to follow. Above all, be safe!

    I love you more and Gayauh!

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete