Sunday, March 25, 2018

Exchanges Exchanges Exchanges

Leihdeih hou!
This week was good. Lots of exchanges, as you can see. As STLs, we KNOW that we're supposed to do exchanges with every single companionship every single transfer, but somehow they always still end up getting shoved into one week near the end of the transfer?? I don't know how that works out. But anyways, this week I was on exhanges with Sister Liang and then with Sister Atzback a day or so later. Both lots of fun. It's so fun to get to know the other missionaries and so fun to see some new areas. :)
This week I also had the privilege (with Sister Atzbach) of having an older woman come up to us while we were talking to a high school girl on the street and scream in our faces that we're a cult and then scream to everyone in the vicinity to be careful of us (tiny, harmless, 19 and 20 year old girls). We tried to act as Jesus would and not as we would have liked to, haha. Reminds me of that scripture in Acts where the apostles are getting yelled at by the Sanhedrin and when they leave they're so happy that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for Christ's name.
We also got to visit lots of sweet members, and oh man do I love them. Hong Kong has my heart and soul.
Life is so good here! It's hard, but it's good. Keep sharing the gospel and loving the missionaries--they gave up more than you realize to be there in your ward with you.
Love you all, thanks for all the support from each of you! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
Lots and lots of selfies. Better pictures to come next week, so sorry.




1 comment:

  1. Leihdeih hou! Thank you for this posting -- I have appreciated it as one of your finest sharing letters. One of the main reasons for my gratitude is your spiritual maturity in dealing with an uncomfortable situation. We all desire to be loved and appreciated however, when we are not shown those things, it can be hurtful. As a sales person, I had to learn the hard lesson of separating myself from my product so as to not take criticism personally. I learned that criticism can sometimes be constructive and it does not make me a "bad" person just because someone does not like the product I am selling. This analogy does not necessarily hold completely true for a missionary because you and I have taken upon us by covenant, the name of our Savior and by so doing, we cannot separate ourselves from Him or His message. Your scriptural references and application, bring out the "spiritual maturity" that I admire and pray that I have the courage to incorporate in my life. So, thank you for sharing!

    I love you more!

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete