Monday, April 2, 2018

Transfers and Moving! (Not in that order)

Leihdeih hou!
It's been a good, crazy week! Just the way we like them.
This past week we moved apartments! We actually stayed in the same estate and just moved two buildings over into the elders' apartment, and they moved into Tai Wai (into an even bigger, fancier apartment. We're definitely not jealous). Seriously though, this new one is still really small by American standards but it's WAY bigger than our old one, so we're happy! Also the view is stellar. That's my favorite part. My least favorite part is probably the shower. It can't decide if it wants to spit out ice water or actual lava, so it usually just rotates between the two on a 15-second cycle, which keeps things exciting (also the term "water pressure" feels like a dream from a life long past). Definitely helps you wake up in the morning, though.
We also got transfer calls this week, and surprise! I'm not moving. 7 transfers in your baby area is totally normal, right? Honestly though, I'm more than happy to stay and keep loving Tai Wai and Sha Tin. I'll also still be companions with Sister Risenmay, and we're happy about that! And here's the twist: we'll be in a trio again! Sister Gaillard from France will be joining us! We overlapped for 3 weeks in the MTC and I've just adored her from the start. We're all excited to see what happens!
In other news, I have found a deep (and probably undying) love for coconut water. I've bought probably 4 bottles of it in the past 5 days. This isn't really that important, but I just thought that you should know if I get swept away to an island during typhoon season, I'll stay hydrated, don't you worry.
Yesterday was also Easter, and I hope that in the midst of eggs and candy, you found some time to think about Jesus and His Resurrection. I know my Savior lives and I'm so grateful for the knowledge that through Him, all is possible. Hope you all had a good Easter/conference weekend (SO excited to watch conference next week!). :)
Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
1. The message I'm trying to share here
2. Since moving took all day, but we were supposed to have district meeting still, we got permission to come to district meeting in our moving clothes. This has been fondly dubbed "t-shirt Tuesday" and here is a very backlit picture in remembrance of it.
3. The view from my study room window--in love with it.
4. So we were walking to the church building (most of our walk is through a mall) and we passed by these things (I think they're Hatchimals??) and since there was nobody around Sister Risenmay and I decided to snag a picture for the weekly (since I promised you all better pictures, obviously). Cue the CROWD of people SWARMING to get pictures of dumb white girls taking pictures here, hahaha. We made sure our tags were very visible. :)
5. Easter eggs, y'all.





No comments:

Post a Comment