Sunday, June 17, 2018

Not Dead Yet

Leihdeih hou!
This week has been interesting! Here's a shortened version because I'm the worst at weeklies.
So this week we had zone conference! So crazy that it was President and Sister Lam's last. So grateful for them. Anyways, conference was mostly just a huge training on how to use the area book on our phones. I can see how useful and what a big blessing it will be, but it's going to be a rough transition from our paper books to our digital ones. Our poor office elders are finding endless bugs in the system, poor guys. It will be good to use though, and we're all excited about it.
The other really fun thing from this week was that our whole apartment all got sick together! It was kind of miserable, but it would have been way more miserable if we'd all gotten sick one at a time, so we're counting our blessings. We haven't eaten anything except for chicken broth and crackers in four days, which has been pretty fun. This has also led us to be pretty weak, so Sister Briggs and I have almost passed out a few times from trying to go out and visit people and go to church and stuff. President and Sister Lam have recommended that we take it easy, but staying in the apartment is kind of boring. We try to compromise.
Today is a public holiday: the Dragon Boat Festival! Not going to lie, I'm not really sure what this entails, but it sounds cool and the posters of the dragon boat races all look really cool (although all the races happen on not-p-days in not-our-area, which is a bummer). We're celebrating by going to party with our Lion Rock pals at Ikea. :)
All in all, life is good! We're staying positive and we're excited to get back to work, haha. God is good and He's watching out for each of us, don't you even doubt it.
Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
1. My West Point girls
2. Sick selfie (Sister Briggs is wearing an ice mask (a very nice commodity for HK summers), don't worry about her)
3. Elevator selfie
4. Rest-on-your-bed-so-you-don't-die selfie




1 comment:

  1. My dear Granddaughter, you are engaged in a critical work. My perspective of over eight decades is that the events unfolding in these latter-days, is accelerating. [The current word for this is "hastening."] Old "Scratch" knows this and is taking his best shots--it is for you and I to not get discouraged. We know who wins in the end! I hope the time comes when you meet brother Chen, a fellow Temple worker from China. I would love to hear a conversation between you two. I am loving my service as an Ordinance Worker in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. I also lead the music in our preparation meetings. By the way, my Choral Arts Society of Utah is singing the beautiful Gabriel Faure "Requiem" at the Carnegie Hall in NYC next year.
    I would like to comment on your clever pictures by giving you two-thumbs up for creativity.
    Stay the course and keep the faith; I love you more!

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete