Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Weekly :)

Leihdeih hou! This week has been good! I was able to do some more exchanges (always fun), we did a zone find and I met a lot of spunky old ladies that I want to be best friends with, and then we also had MLC! We talked a lot about having faith, not only in Christ, but also in ourselves and in the missionary work here in Hong Kong. Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged about the work here, but we all left feeling a lot more motivated and optimistic. A good attitude really can make all the difference, so make sure you have one! Towards the end of MLC, President Lam left the room for a moment and then came back with the news of President Monson's passing. We were all pretty shocked. We all stood together and sang "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" and it was a really powerful moment. How grateful I am for a living prophet to lead and guide us today! That's one of my favorite things to teach people--we have a prophet who will never lead us astray. I'm so grateful for the amazing life that President Monson lived and the legacy he left behind, and I am excited to love and sustain our new prophet as well. Sending you all lots of love! Gayauh! Sister Wasden 郭姊妹 Pictures: 1. The sunset from our window 2. My cute comp in her natural habitat 3. One of our former investigators randomly came to church and brought us a cake! We were only too happy to eat it that night

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your journals, so positive and upbeat! I serve in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple with a brother who teaches me a new word every once in-awhile. I covet your youth and grasp for the language. I'm sure it would take me several years to learn what you have mastered in such a short time.

    I am writing my journals and I am discovering how rich and wonderful life has blessed me. I count you as one of those blessings and remember you, your companions, and Mission President in my prayers.

    Make it a great day--I love you more! Gramps

    ReplyDelete