Wednesday, January 17, 2018

This Week's Adventures

Leihdeih hou! This week was super busy, but I don't actually have a crazy ton to report?? Just lots of appointments and meetings and actually a lot of lessons (finally! We have a lot of really awesome recent converts that we love working with). A small miracle from this week: Sister Risenmay and I got to take out a baby missionary that had just arrived in Hong Kong for the night. We decided to go less-active finding (which is actually a huge portion of the work we do here in Tai Wai). Usually nobody is home at 90% of the apartments we visit (or someone is definitely on the other side of the door and we can see them looking through the peephole, but "nobody is home"). However, this time, we visited probably 6 houses, and someone answered every single door we knocked on! That NEVER happens. Most of the people had moved (which is still really good information to know), but we managed to make really good contact with some less-actives AND potential investigators. Baby missionary miracles, y'all. The other small miracle from this week: I ate pig's feet! And preserved eggs. And I managed to not die! The meat part of the pig's feet was actually pretty good (especially with the sauce it was served with). Wish I could say the same for the rest of it. It was fun to try it though, and our sweet member was so excited to see our reactions. Life is good here in Tai Wai! Thank you for all the love and support. Sending you lots of love! Gayauh! Sister Wasden 郭姊妹 Pictures: Okay, I still don't have a camera. I'm really sorry. No new pictures to send home. BUT I have this old picture of me mashing potatoes in our apartment from Thanksgiving time that I don't think I've ever sent. Maybe I'll throw a Big Buddha one in too. Am I desperate for pictures? Maybe. (Defnitely.) By next week I'll either have a camera, or I'll be sending home pictures from the MTC, hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. Another fine report and glad to see you are taking advantage of the local cuisine. Grandmother Joyce was a expert at locating folks and keeping the membership records neat. Sounds as though you could use her help and, maybe you have had it all along. By now, you have heard of the transition in the First Presidency. Your father and I were in Rome at the Vatican when Pope John Paul passed away. I can't help drawing comparisons with the passing of President Monson. We were present at the beginning of the Papal conclave where Bishops and Cardinals convened at the Vatican to select a successor. There were many colorful cloaks and caps, as well as languages spoken. It was both a sad and exciting time for those faithful members as I am sure was sad time for the passing of President Monson and exciting time for the orderly transition of President Nelson. The Lord has provided a non-disruptive pattern of succession in these Latter-days. There is no politicking, posturing for position, and elections. I point out these differences in a non-judgmental way and have great respect for our Catholic brothers and sister. It is just interesting when comparing how leaders are selected by different groups.

    I am so pleased with your representation of our Savior. I imagine that before you can introduce the Savior's teachings to anyone, you must first have some understanding of the teachings of the Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism faiths. I would imagine that you probably encourage folks of these faiths, to hold on to the good teachings they already have and practice then, add the message of the restored Gospel to their lives. Perhaps, that is the ideal, and perfect world of being a missionary. Be of good cheer--you have knowledge of the keys to eternal happiness. You are the "Joan of Arc" and mighty warrior The Lord has sent to these wonderful brothers and sisters. May you, your companions, Mission President and family be blessed with health, wisdom, and protection.

    I love you more! Gramps

    ReplyDelete