Sunday, November 11, 2018

Make the Most of It

Leihdeih hou!
This week was good! Training is going well and Sister Lambert is so sweet. :)
This week we had a big announcement from the mission: we are starting a "White Christmas" initiative, where we want every companionship to baptize somebody in December (because no snow in HK, so we can't get a white Christmas any other way, hahaha). It's definitely an ambitious goal but it is POSSIBLE and it's been so fun seeing the whole mission get excited for it! We had MLC this week (always a highlight for me :)) and we spent most of the time setting plans for how to make it all happen. We are so excited!
Also for p-day this past week, we hiked the famous Lion Rock. I lived so close to it in my last area and never went (because too hot), so we finally went this last week (update: it was still hot). I'd heard it was a TON of stairs but HOLY COW I was sore for days, hahaha. The view was phenomenal though so definitely worth it! And we got to go with the West Point sisters and our pal Sin Yau, which was so fun! Would do again... after I've gotten in shape, maybe.
As for the subject line, that's the phrase it says on the back of my study notebook that I got from a cheap little stationery store. I laughed at first but now it's kind of becoming my last transfer's motto. You get what you get, so you might as well make the most of it and God will take those efforts and spin them into miracles. :)
Anyways, that's all this week!
Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
Lots of Lion Rock pics because I WORKED HARD FOR THESE.
The elders had a couple of baptisms this Sunday and we are SO HAPPY!






1 comment:

  1. Leihdeih hou!
    The pictures are breathtaking, to use a cliche`! I have spent the past week in Arizona, training with the International Conference of Police Chaplains. I was able to take Olivia out to dinner one evening and attend the Temple in Phoenix with Uncle Ron Gruwell. We have been following the devastating fires in California and specifically, in the Paradise area. So far, our family members are all accounted for although, we are quite sure that their homes have been destroyed.

    As for you and your Mission--I will pray that you each are blessed with a "White Christmas!"

    I love you more!
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete