Sunday, November 25, 2018

Grateful

Leihdeih hou!
This week was good. Super busy. Lots of lessons, lots of members, the way we like it.
The best part of this week was Thanksgiving! We got two of them :) The mission provides a turkey for each zone and we all do our best to make the most accurate side dishes we can (this gets exciting because half of our zone is not from America), so we had a wonderful little missionary celebration, followed by a ward party a couple of days later. Happy Turkey Day, folks. Hope you found more reasons than you can count to be grateful.
Also this week I officially passed my 18 month mark! I'm basically on borrowed time now. ;) Seriously though, I've learned so much in the last 18 months and I'm grateful for every second, even if I wasn't always grateful for it in the moment. God is in charge everyone, and all your trials and good times are there specifically for you and your needs. Don't doubt it.
In other news, it got COLD this week and it also rained while we were finding yesterday. I ended with a broken umbrella and pruned fingertips. And numb toes. Hello autumn.
That's it from me this week! I'll try to be better next week haha. Remember to be grateful for all your blessings (even the blessings in disguise) and eat some leftover pumpkin pie for me (none of that to be found in China). Love you all! Gayauh!
Sister Wasden
郭姊妹

Pics:
1. We love our members :)
2. Thanksgiving fun
3. Cute lil zone sisters
4. I LOVE MY BABY
5. ... And we love cheesecake (this ward knows how to party)
6. My umbrella letting me down






1 comment:

  1. Leihdeih hou! My dear Granddaughter,
    How I love your positive attitude! Can it really be eighteen months already? It seems only yesterday that we were dropping you off at the MTC and then, how hard it was for your mother and I to remain in the car in the parking lot, while you and Cameron had a brief reunion. Your mother tried hard not to look as we passed by the front door of the MTC because she wanted to observe the mission rules. I think you know that we all miss you and look forward to our reunions. I am pretty sure that your mother will shed tears of joy when she sees you again--I would guess that your father will too. I am sure that he misses "picking" on you although, I think being a Bishop may have "mellowed" him a little. I am speaking "out of turn" but that is okay. I am certain that there will be tears shed by those whom you leave on your mission, when that day comes.

    Once upon a time, "in a galaxy far away," I ran the 880 yard dash, (800 meter) distance in track. My track coach taught me to "run beyond the mark" meaning, don't quit running at the finish line but stride on through for several yards more. My point is: I am pleased that you are "striding" beyond that 18-month mark with determination and loyalty in the service of Our Master. I am sure that He would say to you, "Well done, thou good and faithful daughter!"

    I love you more!

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete